Our volunteer teams are one of the most important parts of the Mela. It’s a fantastic opportunity to be part of the team that makes this amazing event happen. Besides that, it looks great on your CV, you’ll make a whole bunch of new friends and be able to enjoy the festival for free!
We’re always looking for enthusiastic, friendly volunteers, who are available to get on board for the Mela weekend. Dates for the next Edinburgh Mela have been confirmed as Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th August 2016; volunteer applications will open in Spring 2016.
You will be able to meet new people, build up your work experience, share your skills and develop new skills, be involved behind-the-scenes at a major event and see some exciting shows.
What will I receive?
– A volunteer training session, which will give you a chance to meet your volunteer colleagues
– Local travel expenses to and from the festival
– A hot and tasty meal per shift; plus refreshments from our hospitality area
– 2 complimentary festival day tickets
– A limited edition Mela t-shirt
– Written reference available on request on successful completion of your volunteer post
How long will each volunteer shift be?
Shifts will last approximately 6 hours. You will have a break during your shift.
How old to I have to be?
You have to be 16 years old or over to apply.
How do I apply?
Applications for volunteers at the 2016 Edinburgh Mela will open Spring 2016. If you have any questions about volunteering in the mean time, please email email@example.com